Below is something I did in school, circa 1995. It is a linocut featuring a couple of animals against a heavily textured background. I meant to show the colour prints but I couldn’t find them right now, so I’m just showing you the linoleum board instead.
I can’t say how this has shaped the way I draw or design today (if you see any similarity with what I’m doing now I want to know!) but I do remember enjoying the whole process of planning, carving and printing quite a bit:
1. I titled the piece “Eddy’s Pets Are in Heaven”.
2. Visible here are the swan and peacock (sitting on a plant).
3. I got the inspiration for the peacock and swan from a wood carving in a furniture catalogue.
4. On the left side of the board, there’s a fish, a dog, a tortoise and something that resembles a dodo.
5. I don’t really like drawing animals.